Animal Receiving Policy
It is the policy of the HSWC Shelter to accept any and all domestic animals from individuals, law enforcement and municipalities in Wayne County.
- The Shelter shall receive animals from individuals during the hours the Shelter is open to the public. Appointments are necessary at certain times of the year to ensure that adequate space is available. Please call the Shelter before bringing an animal in.
- Individuals are asked to pay a fee of $25.00 per cat and $35.00 per dog. However, we shall not refuse to take an animal because of inability to pay.
- All animals received by the Shelter become the property of the HSWC shelter.
- Incoming animals that are injured or diseased shall be treated or euthanized at the discretion of the staff.
- The Shelter shall get as much information as possible concerning an animal turned in to the Shelter, such as age, sex, altered or not, weight, previous vaccinations, previous illness, accidents, surgeries, medication, and disposition towards children and other animals.